Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Quarter to midnight...

It's quarter to midnight as I write this post.
Most sensible people are tucked up in their beds. 
Not me. 
For me tonight is the writer's equivalent of Christmas Eve. 
In just fifteen minutes more a book will officially be published.
Not just any book, but my book.
My book! 
Can you believe it? 
Never thought I'd see the day. 
But there it is.
It's official: dreams can come true.


So, a few words of thanks...

to Ellen Renner, who made me enter Dead Jealous into UV2012
and then read every draft there ever was!
 
To all the editors and judges of Undiscovered Voices,
especially Jenny Savill of ANA who with one email changed everything
...and then went on to make me change... everything! (Only kidding!)

To Megan Larkin, Rebecca Frazer, Rosalind Turner and all the folks in 
design, publicity and sales & marketing at Orchard Books
for working so hard to turn Dead Jealous from manuscript to book. 

And finally, thank you to all my lovely family and friends
(virtual or otherwise!)
for putting up with me and for being there through all the ups and downs.

Oh, look it's 12.00...

it's...

PUBLICATION DAY!





6 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon. Congratulations! On to the next book now!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a slave driver, Gillywilly! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love your book, and that's official! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Luisa. That means so much!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pleased for you. Congratulations! Now if I could only figure out how to get my hands on a copy on this side of the ocean...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Anne! I'm sure we can procure you one!

    ReplyDelete